Friday 10 July 2015

DAILY CARD DRAW 5

6.12.10
Effort has arrived; it pulled me out of bed, very gently, and brought me to the sorting of papers, books, crafty bits and general jumble. The result is a completely cleared desk, shelf and chair in the bedroom…and some Christmas presents wrapped, and a box of silver balls/hearts/stars strung, which are now hanging around the living room bookshelves. Ta-da!

XV111 The Moon
A half-naked young woman is turned away from me, long black hair hanging down her back. She's walking through water in the moonlight, her arms against her chest in a position of fear, and there's something at her back that I can’t make out – I don’t know if she is being prodded out into the lake or not. A white satin garment is loose around her waist and hips, spreading into the water. She has white flowers in her hair and there’s a raven down in the right hand corner, just there, not doing anything. Is she a victim or just a moon-walker? Am I a victim or just spellbound by my own mystery?

When I noticed the water in this card I immediately felt the pressure of exercise forced upon me by myself; I joined the local pool and gym but haven’t gone back nor dipped my toe in the water. If one of The Moon’s meanings is strange encounters then it might be fun to go swimming – but I can’t be bothered with all that washing of the hair and the drying and getting dressed (once a day is plenty) and once a week with the hair is enough! But, only an hour ago I was toying with the idea of cutting my hair so I won’t keep pinning it up and look the same all the time.

Maybe this card has come out to tell me that there is still a long and difficult search to experience and cleaning a desk and a shelf is just not enough. I need to look deeper into my procrastination. What happens when I’ve cleared all the desks and cupboards and tidied all the photographs? That’s when the real work begins and I should just get on with it because it’s not going to go away.

Note:
I am so amazed at how this week has changed my point of view; since I’ve started the daily draw I have accomplished so much. Tonight, I cut my hair into a short bob so I will have to wear it down and look like anything other than the old granny who can’t be bothered. And, I began the rewrite of the novel by having my main character draw three cards to help her make a decision – so many things in just five days.

- back to the future
No, I didn't wear my hair down, all blow-dried into a smart bob: I still pinned it up, and five years later am still pinning it up because I can't bear the heat of it or be bothered with the hanging-in-the-face of it. And, as I said in the previous post, THAT novel is still around but not the one I'm working on now - another re-write. Ah, 'it's life, Jim, but not as we know it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment